Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lessons Well Learned.

My Gaming experience.

Thinking back all the moments that I experienced both good and bad.

Yes, this is a joke-post.

1. Save first, think later.

Imagine, you've beaten a super-mega-difficult boss. First thing you do is?
Drop the keyboard/controller and raises both of your hands into the air like you have fulfill one of your life's accomplishment.
While you are happily jumping and embracing the moment, enjoying the sensation and satisfaction of your long awaited victory. Suddenly, the lights when off....
> Sexual organs, relatives' title, penetrative actions came flying out of your mouth for no appealing reasons.
Moral of the story? Save first, think later.

2. Backups.

Another most irritating errors in my gaming life.
Again exercise your imagination,

Your Game Save,

Level 99
Total time: 50 hours.
Game Completed: 99%
Quest Completed: 100%
Difficulty: VERY HARD.
Ranking: First.

Look at the numbers, so...gorgeous....so beautiful....so.... precious....
Proud of your soaring sky-high accomplishment that almost impossible to achieve, a phone came in. You walk away for few minutes and found out.

Your Game Save, looks like this,

NO GAME SAVE DATA


First reaction,
Pick up the controller search for your epic gameplay among the blank slot. No where to be found.
Second reaction,
Go to the mirror, wear make up, sit at a corner and act emo. No point ask how it happens, it already happens.
Moral? Always have a backup. No matter what happened, save your game multiple times on the different slot.

Now that I mention it, I wonder who deleted my game saved. *Sigh*

3. LEND.

Your friend decide to come over and look at your awesome collection of PC -DVDs games.
Then, he saw a game that he really wants to play, without hesitation you know that he will ask for permission to borrow the DVD and will return it after he completed it.
Being a good friend and never thought of the unfortunate outcome, your borrowed him the DVD.

Few months later, you feel like playing the game and remembered that your friend had borrowed it from you.
Miraculously, your friend lost the DVD by lending to someone else without your permission and he has no intention of paying you back the DVD. Okay, lesson learned. I 'll know what to do next if you are coming over to my house. Just call me before you arrived, I will ready the broom and untie my dog.

4. Read Properly.

Happen to my friend before.
Walau Starcraft 2, oh my god.
Embracing the cover and turn it around for more information.
After reading for few minutes, he purchased the item.
Joyfully he runs the DVD and found not a single installer but a.....
GAMEPLAY DEMO of Starcraft 2 and the old version of Starcraft games.
Good Job, I took the DVD and said, " Dai Lou, It's a Gameplay Demo. It is even written here. What are you doing?"

5. Always keep receipts.

It happened to me once when I was young.
I bought the game itself and played halfway.
All of the sudden, the whole screen freezes and the cd-rom emits some of the most unpleasant sound.
After I waited for few minutes, an error pops up. "Unable to read the CD"
Oh shit, I walk all the way down the game store and return them back the CD.
Out of the blue, he demands a receipt.
I am a regular client, I do not need a receipt to change the disc I told him. I explained to him that I am rather close to the owner of this shop.
"Rules are rules. I need prove that you bought the item here." he explained.
Okay, I walk back all the way to my house, Paragon Point to my house is like a 10 minutes walk.
I searched everywhere for the receipt. Fortunately, I got it. It took me an hour to search for it though. Now I am a step closer to paradise.
I showed him the receipt, he exchanges the disc, Settle.
Moral of the story, Place your receipt with the plastic with it.
But now, they don't need a receipt to exchange DVD anymore. I wonder.

These are one of the most frustrating moments of my life.
Until now, some of them still happens. Especially the power cut and save data.

Touche~ happy gaming everyone

3 comments:

Zhengguan said...

tiu...i kena before also weih..fucking fm give me without the installer.

akira-rae said...

ahaha, i like the broom and dog idea.

i so want to do it to a lot of my friends who pinjam-ed my stuff but never return.

Benjamin C. said...

dude,
i backed up my game.
the PS memory card rosak.

and i couldnt afford 2 that time.