Thursday, December 25, 2008

Malaysia Jollywood Strikes Back.

I will be very frank on this. First, this post is not about game review. Second,I am not in a good mood.

As I know, generally my readers are Malaysians.
Ok, let's not get so far. Let's discuss it on an microscopic view. There are two major things that I hate in Malaysia. First, the Government, which they always deal things in a weird manner, be relieve, this is not the topic I gonna touch on today. Second, our local products, which is what I gonna do in this post.

Besides food, everything in Malaysia is sick. Being the most advanced "developing" country in the South East Asia.(For me Singapore is a developed country)
We have our own local films. Which I do not pay attention much throughout my life. My entire life. The reason is local movie suck hard and I am serious.
Until today, I decided to read the newspaper(yesterday paper) and happen to stumble upon this.

I apologise for the profanity.

What the fuck? Holy-fuck?
So this is how you guys settle things. Just because your movie suck so bad, you want to raise the movie tickets on hollywood movies.
What kind of shitty proposal is that? and the Local directors agree on it? What the fuck? Are they out of their mind, don't tell me among all of the producers who made this proposal never thought of, "Hey, I think this is a shitty proposal." or maybe, "This is stupid, why are we torturing the consumers because our movie sucked?"
OR,
"If our movie's good, they will watch it for sure."
But NooOoo... You have to go and sent the proposal to torture the shit out of us.
Fuck, your movies were so bad that even if I torrent it, nothing could be found. Zero searches FTW. Even I do found it, who will be the seed? anyone?what dead torrent?

"Director Afdlin Shauki said the number of Hollywood movies in local cinemas should be limited."

Yes! Good idea! What genius mind! No wonder your movies were so good. This is an example of an idiot. I do not want to discuss what type of consequences will it lead to, but it is definitely not good for me and for you and for the idiot who just said this.

"He said China only allowed 20 Hollywood movies to be shown annually."

So now you wanted to be Chinese, after giving the Malaysian Chinese a hard time. AND you tell me you wanna be like China. You were now certified, of being the biggest douchebag in the universe. Human stupidity is really infinite.

"Afdlin, however, cautioned that the ticket price hike could backfire. "

Wow. Such wisdom.....

"At the current ticket price, you can watch two movies, one Hollywood and one local. But if you increase the price to RM20, movie-goers might just skip local movies altogether."

That's it. And I just wanted to give him a bloody compliment. I have no idea what is he trying to say in the statement.

So, are you trying to say current ticket price which is RM 11(depending on places) can let you watch two movies? Who the hell told you that? Ok, asssume I am wrong.

Maybe is this.

Are you trying to say the price after the hike, can let you watch two movies? What the hell? I don't get it. *&!@#^!@^#

Were the local movies cheaper than hollywood movies all along? I had decided that I shall have my friends to enlighten me. Shucks. My friends don't watch local movie. Diu nia ma. (Motherfucker) I really need someone to explain this statement for me. Headache.

*Gets the answer and snaps fingers*

Ok, I got it. It means one ticket of Mission:Impossible IV costs around a price of the current, one LOTR and one movie. Diu(fuck), I gonna go get a bunch of friends, gather up some money and buy an original DVD. Copy & Paste FTW on each computer.

You wanna do a good movie?I'll give ya a piece of my mind. Don't. It's not that I do not support, it just that.... come on be true to yourself. Do you guys seriously thinks that local movies were good? Come on, during Malay Festive Season, turn on the TV.
I have ASTRO for a reason okay.

It is a good step but it should not stop there," said award-winning director Datuk Paduka Shuhaimi Baba.

She said another way to help the industry was for local producers to have a bigger cut of the box-office collection.

"Currently, producers and cinema operators are sharing the ticket sales equally. Producers should get a higher cut."
She said cinema operators could also share the promotional costs of local movies

Do the producers really should get a higher cut? I don't know man. If the producers produce a film which sells like hot cake, won't they be getting hot-cakes for breakfast too? Prove it that you deserve it.

"Shuhaimi said many countries were imposing regulations to protect their movie industry. "

Alright go ahead and raise the price, and we shall see how Golden Screen Cinemas and Tanjong Golden Village (Current leading Conema Operators) dissapear from the face of the Earth. Seriously, with the numbers of the local film's viewer plus your movies' prices, plus the increase price of movies. I can see where it is leading too.

"We welcome any proposal or effort to improve and develop the industry. But we have to look at each proposal and its overall effect on the industry."

AT LAST SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS THE SAME LANGUAGE AS ME!

Credits to Nicholas on using your law/theory that you wrote on Ben's log.

Hollywood > You.

Yes, until next time. Game on. In this case. Watch On. Yes I feel better now.

No comments: