Thursday, December 25, 2008

New Year's Resolution. 2009.

2009 coming soon. I did not achieve much. Other than getting a Diploma this year(2008) which is consider if compared to the "normal" ones. Heck, slowly work towards my goal one step at a time, it's better not to rush things. Especially these kind of things.

Ok, post title explains it all.

Reso 1.
Acquire new knowledge. If you are my friend, you know that I am greedy. If you are even closer to me, you know that I am always hunger for knowledge, (only works in the fields which I am interested) eager to discover/explore/venture new things. *especially gadgets, electronic gadgets to be precise*.
Be it from a size of an iPod Nano to a EOS Canon 1D Mk II. So, that's why I've always bombarded Ben with questions regarding about his second wife. ( his 300 D) Correct me if I am wrong. You have way too many mistresses, girlfriends, and wives. Apologies, if I am wrong. *Note that these are all techno gadgets, Ben is a good man. He only needs one human wife.*xD.

Main point, so what if I have a good gaming knowledge. Now, in this era, everything comes within a package. Focusing, devoting in one specific areas/fields of interest will never really get me anywhere. There will be a time, my future editor will step up to me and say, "Hey, I want you to write about iPod Classic for this month issue.
"I want myself to reply "OK, Chief!" or "One Ipod Classic comin' rite up" instead of replying "Bollocks." or lock myself up in the staff toilet and hug the toilet bowl, while desperately calling another friend for help, "Hello! Rachel! I need your help, my editor gone haywire, he wants me to write an article on iPod Classic." WTF.

Sum it all up, I will be writing more reviews on cars, iPods, cameras, computer hardware. Yes, this is what you call a hybrid, jack-of-all-trades, all-rounder or in the Malaysian way, Rojak.FTW. I will be more focusing on games though. 80% on game reviews, 20% on others.

Reso 2.
Learning a new language.
Japanese is good, but it is just for the sake of learning. Chinese should be my primary objective. I have been through 3 different translation agency and got kicked out. The reason? Chinese illiterate. Look at the bright side, by learning Chinese, I got 3 language up my sleeves now, and the truly Ace of Spades. The bad, Chinese language is one of the most hardest language to learn. Memorizing the symbols one by one, not to mention the proper strokes and fluency practice. Now, I feel like switching to Japanese. At least I have the passion...chinese...sigh...
Conclusion, having an additional language up my sleeve is more than perfect.

Reso 3.
Develop and improve a new writing style to impress readers.
Other than humour and simplicity, which I have always prefer. I really should try adding in other elements. Sarcasm,emo-ness, illogic, innuendo, etc. Yes, there is only one way to do so. Read, write, being commented, read, write, read, watch tv, being commented. Other than that, I have really no idea how. Any suggestion? Feel free to comment my work. I need it to improve.

Reso 4.
Relationship.
I have a girlfriend of 2 years. I need her verbal support more than anything, if I lose her it will took me a long time to recover. Very long time. She is important to me no matter what but still nothing comes between me and my dreams. I told ya, I am greedy. So, better or worse, I hope she will always be with me no matter what I am thinking.

Reso 5.
I gonna turn 21 next year. I just want
- Buffet. Eat all I can.
- with friends that I know to be there. If cannot make it, nevermind, If don't remember, nevermind.

Reso 6.
At least give me a chance to get one of my game reviews publish. *sparkling eyes with tears rolling down through the cheeks*

2 comments:

Benjamin C. said...

eih i din read this post. you did double post on a same day.

whao... where got bombard me with questions??

everyone has the hunger for knowledge. so why not keep feeding it eih :D

oh and, its CANON 1D MK III. Thats the newer one. Not MK II. if you need help on review on cameras, i'll be more than glad and oblige to help. CANON ONLY though :D

akira-rae said...

just saw this, haha.

you'll make it lah don't worry =)

gadgets FTW! drool drool drool