Saturday, February 7, 2009

Trip to Cameron Highlands

Before anyone asked, this was my XX days without my set of wheels.
I don't even remember since when I had waited for my car to return.
Yes, my bro's car is still in the repair shop. So, this is what happens if you whack your car in the middle of Chinese New Year.

I shall now describe the painful feeling of not having your own car to drive to Cameron Highlands.

I am forced to take the bus. When uphill, for people who will easily puke, I do not recommend the bus. You will get dizzy more easily compared to a car due to the high center of gravity. So, every turn the bus takes be sure to keep your eyes on the road or else there will always be plastics bags provided by the bus for you to vomit in. I have a good stomach and sense of balancing so I didn't puke.

After all the windings, sharp turning, plantation views, landslide markings and such. We've reached our destination. Once the bus stopped in front of the Tourism Guide of Tanah Rata, one of the tour agent stepped in and greeted us.

After settling our tours packages and stuffs. It's time to check in to the hotel. No pictures of the Hotel. In case, you're wondering it's called Hotel Kowloon, a name that brings a lot of misunderstandings.

So, remember kids. Numbered List
Do not go up to Cameron Highlands if...

You don't have a car. Sucks to be me for the moment. Curses....

Tours and Guides were not necessary. It's even better without them. Taxi charges RM 25 per hour. Plus, you have the privacy. So, for me taxi is better although a bit pricy.

There were two highways to reach there, Tapah and the new highway. Always take the new highway. More straight roads and less dangerous.

If you have a weak stomach, go Genting. The journey from foothill to the top for Cameron is at least one and a half hour. While Genting is....thirty minutes I guess. Or maybe 45, around there I guess.

If you love smoking, go Genting instead. Every farms, gardens and plantations forbid smoking.

it was a fun trip, I shall return there when I have my car!...and money.

Okay that's all, time for pictures.









No comments: